Position Announcement: Development Manager (full time)
Founded in 2000, The Latino Community Association (LCA) is the only dedicated non-profit service provider uniquely qualified to address the needs and aspirations of underserved, low-income, immigrant Latino families living in the tri-county Central Oregon region (Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook). Our mission is to empower our Latino families to thrive by creating opportunities for advancement and building bridges that unite and strengthen our communities. From four small offices and with the help of 10 paid staff, 175 volunteers, and multiple community partners, we provide our clients with workforce education and training, family empowerment, health education and youth development and advocacy services.
The need for our services has never been greater. Since 1990, the Latino population in Central Oregon has grown from 1,500 to 20,000 and Latinos are projected to reach 30,000 by 2035. Today, approximately 7,000 people each year are positively impacted by our programs and services. The number of individuals we serve annually has grown 75% since 2012 and our budget has increased from $110,000 to nearly $400,000 over the same period.
In order to meet the growing demand for LCA’s services, we need to grow our team and the financial resources required to sustain our expanding impact. To achieve this, we need to add a dedicated Development Manager to our team. This role will be focused on increasing financial support for our life-changing services. The successful candidate will take on a key role in helping us build a comprehensive fundraising program that effectively leverages the capacities of volunteers, clients, foundations, governments, and individual and business donors to support and sustain our life-changing services and advocacy.
Our Development Manager will:
• Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to build the organization’s comprehensive fundraising program;
• Lead the expansion of LCA’s donor base through a variety of methods including digital marketing, gift clubs, peer-to-peer, networking and more.
• Help refine the development operation to include tools and procedures that support, track and analyze fundraising activity, relationship-building and revenue;
• Build a pipeline of future major donors and assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in efforts to communicate and engage with them to deepen relationships;
• Share in the task of grant development including research, relationship management, proposal writing and reporting;
• Make public appearances to network and represent the organization;
• Develop and grow gift recognition/stewardship programs;
• Integrate and implement industry Best Practices into LCA’s development operation
• Provide assistance to the Special Events Committee with a focus on acquiring and stewarding current and prospective sponsors and individual donors to ensure event success and post-event donor follow-through.
The ideal candidate will bring:
• 2+ years of leading or supporting a successful nonprofit development program in a professional fundraising environment or equivalent related experience
• Strong ethical standards
• Passion for our mission
• Bilingual English/Spanish abilities (preferred)
• Deep knowledge of digital marketing and communication methods
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Knowledge of contemporary, metric-driven, annual giving strategies
• Familiarity with development operations, systems and reporting
• Strong interpersonal, active listening and consultative sales skills
• Success in writing case statements, ask letters and grant proposals
• High degree of competency using fundraising technology (Salesforce, wealth screening tools, social media, databases, Microsoft Office, etc.)
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• CFRE credential would be a plus.
• Salary: $42k - $46k DOE
• Benefits: Health, 401k match, paid time off, and a flexible schedule.
Email a cover letter describing your unique qualifications and goals, a resume & three professional references with contact information to LCA Executive Director, Brad Porterfield email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.