Part-Time Client Services Coordinator – Prineville Office
Our Client Services Coordinators (CSC) are primarily responsible for client family intake, coordinating information & referral services, legal and other periodic clinics/classes, tracking and reporting on service outcomes, maintaining consistent communication with other staff members, and representing LCA in a professional manner. Also responsible for ensuring an efficient and organized office environment. Our Prineville office is located within Mountain Start Family Relief Nursery’s facility and is quite small.
This position is currently 8-10 hours/week with the possibility of increasing to 26 hours/week. Work schedule is somewhat flexible, but requires consistent daytime work hours two days/week, with occasional evening and weekend work.
Compensation – $14-$15/hour DOE with opportunities for increases dependent on performance and available funding. Work-related mileage will be compensated according to the regional or county prevailing rate. This does not include mileage between work and home.
Primary Responsibilities (ED = Executive Director) (PM = Program Manager)
- Contribute to an orderly office environment and a functional, supportive staff/volunteer team.
- Help ensure a welcoming, accessible, and organized office environment for clients and staff.
- Support clients by providing appropriate information and/or referrals, and follow-up to be sure clients’ needs are being met. Problem-solving is key.
- Learn and implement an efficient intake system to gather and track client data, issues, services, etc.
- Enter data into our “Apricot” online database, produce reports, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate service outcomes and work with other staff to identify and implement needed improvements.
- Perform office duties necessary to ensure timely communication and good organization, including answering phones, checking phone messages and email regularly, and filing documents.
- Coordinate occasional service clinics (legal, health, etc.) with partner organizations.
- Translate documents as needed or coordinate translation projects with qualified volunteers.
- Report regularly to ED or PM, other staff and/or volunteers as appropriate to ensure good communication.
- Assist ED and PM with reporting on accomplishments.
- Coordinate with other LCA staff or office volunteers to assist your work or cover for you when you must be absent.
- Communicate effectively with Mountain Star staff to ensure a positive and productive experience for their staff team and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and spoken
- Bi-culturally competent (Latino/Anglo)
- Knowledge of immigrant Latino family issues, challenges, and opportunities
- Professional and friendly disposition
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email, and in-person
- Positive, team-player mentality
- Familiarity with basic computer programs (MS Word, Excel) and internet.
- Ability to manage or learn a database program and file-sharing with Google Drive.
- AA or higher educational degree and/or applicable work experience/job-life skills.
- Certification as OHP Enrollment Assister (Oregon Health Authority).
- Knowledge of Central Oregon community resources and Oregon Health Plan.
- Specific knowledge and experience with health care and/or services for immigrant families.
- Experience living in Prineville with established professional/personal connections.
To apply for this position, send the following materials via email to Brad Porterfield, Executive Director of LCA at firstname.lastname@example.org Please write CSC Applicant in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter highlighting how your qualifications fit the position and why you think you are the best person for the job.
- Include a detailed resume that speaks to the qualifications listed above and include contact information for two or more professional references.
The position is open until filled, but preference will be given to applicants submitting all materials by Wednesday, February 7, 2018. We will begin reviewing applications as soon as we receive them with interviews tentatively planned for the week of February 12th. Projected start date: February 19, 2018.