Promotora de Salud Familiar ~ Health Insurance Outreach & Enrollment
Join a dynamic team of talented and passionate bilingual professionals committed to our mission to empower our Latino families to thrive while building bridges that unite and strengthen our communities. As one of our Healthy Families Promotoras, you will join a team of 5-6 people all working together to reach out to and educate Latino families in the Bend area about health resources in our communities, especially insurance coverage options made possible by Senate Bill 558 (Cover All Kids), which now applies Oregon Health Plan benefits to ALL youth ages 0-18 including undocumented youth. Responsibilities include: marketing, outreach and health education directed primarily to Latino families in Bend, Oregon and surrounding areas; OHP health insurance enrollment assistance; project evaluation; and monthly reporting. Other duties include regular communication with LCA staff, collaborating with community partners, and utilization of our online database and State and Federal web portals. You will work closely with our Healthy Families team and be supervised by our Empowerment Programs Manager.
This position is full-time 36-40 hours/week (0.9-1.0 FTE) and grant-funded. The work schedule is flexible, but requires regular day, evening and occasional weekend work.
The pay rate is $15-$17/hour (depending on qualifications) plus benefits with opportunities for increases dependent on performance and available funding. Benefits include: matching employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, paid time off, and group health insurance. Work-related mileage will also be compensated according to the regional or county prevailing rate. This does not include mileage between work and home.
Outreach & Education (70%)
- Develop and implement an outreach work plan designed to achieve our project objectives.
- Meet and partner with community groups, agency partners and businesses to promote our services
- Develop press releases and other marketing materials to raise awareness of health insurance options and our availability to assist the community with enrollment.
- Utilize social media, our website, and email and texting tools to educate and connect to clients.
- Coordinate with LCA staff to capitalize on our already scheduled clinics and services.
- Attend community events to reach potential clients.
- Organize and provide public presentations as needed.
- Serve as our outreach point person for all things related to OHA & Marketplace insurance services.
Enrollment Assistance (25%)
- Complete in-house training to effectively utilize our online database and reporting systems.
- Complete Oregon Health Authority (OHA) required training and certification to fully understand health coverage options and the internet-based federal web portal.
- Schedule appointments to assist clients in Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson counties with OHP and Marketplace enrollment, as needed.
- Follow client record retention procedures according to Oregon Health Authority protocols.
- Work collaboratively with our OHA Enrollment Assister to ensure client follow-up and accurate recording of all services provided.
Project Administration & Reporting (5%)
- Assist with the preparation of accurate monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Perform duties necessary to ensure timely communication and good organization, including answering phones and checking messages and email regularly.
- Attend all scheduled trainings and Central Oregon community partner meetings.
- Monitor and evaluate plans, systems, approaches, etc. and make improvements to ensure excellence.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of hours worked, miles driven, and any expenses incurred.
- High-School Diploma
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) speaking/writing proficiency
- Bi-cultural awareness
- Knowledge of issues facing Latinos/immigrants
- Public presentation experience
- Familiarity with common computer programs (MS Word, Excel, online tools) and databases.
- Professional and friendly disposition
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email, and in-person
- Team-player mentality and collaborative can-do approach to work
- Reliable transportation
- College degree and/or significant experience in conducting community outreach, education, social services, and/or other related activities.
- Certification as OHP Enrollment Assister (Oregon Health Authority)
- Knowledge of Central Oregon community resources and Oregon Health Plan
- Specific knowledge and experience with health care and/or services for immigrant families
- Experience living in Central Oregon with established professional/personal connections
To apply for this position, send the following materials via email to Brad Porterfield, Executive Director of LCA at firstname.lastname@example.org Please write Promotora Applicant in the subject line.
- Cover letter highlighting how your qualifications fit the position and why you think you are the best person for the job.
- Include a detailed resume that speaks to the qualifications listed above and include contact information for two or more professional references.
The position is open until filled, but preference will be given to applicants submitting all materials by Wednesday, February 7, 2018. We will begin reviewing applications as soon as we receive them with interviews tentatively planned for the week of February 12th. Projected start date: February 19, 2018.
For more information about the Latino Community Association, visit www.latinocommunityassociation.org