Job Openings ~ Ofertas de empleo
Healthier Oregon Program Navigation Specialist – Central Oregon
Two full-time positions available
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
We are hiring two full-time HOP Navigation Specialists to join our small team of Oregon Health Plan (OHP) certified application assisters and focus specifically on reaching out to immigrant adults to make sure they are benefitting from the Oregon-specific Healthier Oregon Program (HOP) that extends OHP benefits as of July 1, 2022 to formerly excluded Oregon residents. You will inform people about the healthcare services this coverage includes, answer their questions and enroll eligible clients in OHP if needed. Responsibilities include: OHP Navigation and enrollment assistance, some marketing & outreach, program evaluation, and monthly reporting. Other duties include regular communication with LCA staff, collaborating with community partners, attending monthly Regional Collaborative meetings hosted our area’s Oregon Health Authority (OHA) regional outreach coordinator, utilization of our online database and the OHP web portal. Special training is required and will be provided.
This position is 36-40 hours/week (0.9-1.0 FTE) and grant funded. Work schedule is somewhat flexible, but requires regular day, evening and occasional weekend work.
Compensation is $18-$20 per hour based on your experience, regular full-time plus benefits. Benefits include: matching employer contribution to 401k retirement plan, paid leave and vacation time, and up to $450/month toward health insurance. Work-related mileage will also be compensated according to the regional or county prevailing rate. This does not include mileage between work and home.
Navigation Assistance (80%)
- Complete training to effectively utilize online database and reporting systems.
- Complete Oregon Health Authority (OHA) required training and certification to fully understand health coverage options and how to navigate the internet-based state web portal.
- Schedule appointments to assist clients with OHP enrollment and help them access services.
- Follow client record retention procedures according to Oregon Health Authority protocols.
Outreach, Education and Enrollment (15%)
- Work collaboratively with our Healthy Families program team to support all efforts to reach out and educate families, community partners and businesses about OHP benefits.
- Attend community events to reach potential clients and network with community partners, as needed.
- Serve as our point person for all things related to the Healthier Oregon Program (HOP).
- Attend monthly collaborative meetings with our Oregon Health Authority (OHA) Regional Outreach Coordinator and fellow OHP and HOP colleagues.
Administration & Reporting (5%)
- Record client and service data in a timely and organized manner.
- Prepare accurate monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Perform duties necessary to ensure timely communication and good organization, including answering phones and checking phone messages and email regularly.
- Monitor and evaluate plans, systems, approaches, etc. and make improvements to ensure excellent customer care.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of hours worked, miles driven, and expenses incurred.
- Submit hours and expense reimbursement requests on time at scheduled intervals.
- High-School Diploma or significant relevant work experience
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) speaking/writing proficiency
- Bi-cultural awareness
- Knowledge of issues facing Latinos/immigrants
- Basic understanding of or experience with the Oregon Health Plan
- Public presentation experience
- Familiarity with common computer programs (MS Word, Excel, online tools) and databases.
- Professional and friendly disposition
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email, and in-person
- Team-player mentality and collaborative can-do approach to work
- Organized and reliable
- College degree and/or significant experience in conducting community outreach, education, social services, and/or other related activities.
- Active Certified Application Counselor (Oregon Health Authority) status.
- Specific knowledge and experience with health care, health insurance and/or services for immigrant families
- Knowledge of Central Oregon community resources
- Experience living in Central Oregon with established professional/personal connections
To apply for this position, send the following materials via email to Brad Porterfield, Executive Director of LCA at email@example.com Please write HOP Navigation Specialist in the subject line.
- Cover letter explaining how your experience and knowledge fit well with this position and why you would be successful in this role. (in English or combination of English and Spanish)
- Current Resume (in English or Spanish)
- Two professional references (required for application to be considered)
Please send your application materials as soon as possible for priority consideration for this position.
Closing date: Open until filled Anticipated start date: July 13, 2022.
Founded in 2000, The Latino Community Association (LCA) is the only dedicated non-profit service provider uniquely qualified to address the needs and aspirations of underserved, low-income, immigrant Latino families living in the tri-county Central Oregon region (Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook counties). Our mission is to empower our Latino families to thrive by creating opportunities for advancement and building bridges that unite and strengthen our communities. We have four offices in the region located in Bend, Madras, Redmond and Prineville. Our team is comprised of 15 paid staff (90% bilingual), roughly 200 volunteers, and many community partners. Our programs include workforce education and training, family empowerment, youth rising, healthy families and cultural enrichment.
Latino Community Association is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other factor not related directly to the duties and requirements of the position in question.
For more information about the Latino Community Association, visit www.latinocommunityassociation.org