Job Openings ~ Ofertas de empleo
Workforce Navigator – Central Oregon
Founded in 2000, The Latino Community Association (LCA) is the only dedicated non-profit service provider uniquely qualified to address the needs and aspirations of underserved, low-income, immigrant Latino families living in the tri-county Central Oregon region (Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook). Our mission is to empower our Latino families to thrive by creating opportunities for advancement and building bridges that unite and strengthen our communities. We have four offices in the region located in Bend, Madras, Redmond and Prineville. Our team is comprised of 12 paid staff (90% bilingual), roughly 250 volunteers, and many community partners. Our programs include workforce education and training, family empowerment, youth rising, healthy families and cultural enrichment.
Since 1990, our Latino community in Central Oregon has grown from 1,500 to more than 20,000 and projected to reach 30,000 by 2035. Last fiscal year, we directly served 4,532 individuals and impacted the lives of approximately 10,000 Latinos in Central Oregon with our programs and services.
In order to meet the growing demand for our services and ensure that Latinos in our communities achieve their personal and professional goals, we have identified the need to add a Workforce Navigator to our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to assist Latinos in our region to get back to work after possibly being laid off due to COVID-19 or helping them chart a course for a career change. Below is a summary of the duties and responsibilities for this position and the qualifications we seek in a strong candidate.
Workforce Navigator duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for working with clients to help them identify professional goals and how to attain those goals.
- Connect clients to LCA workforce training opportunities (i.e. English classes and tutoring, computer training), professional development activities and other resources in the community.
- Assist and teach clients to create and/or update a professional resume along with the skills to search online for employment opportunities.
- Provide job coaching and on-the-job problem solving and other soft skills.
- Host in-person and/or virtual support sessions to build camaraderie among our clients and share skills and experience to help all learn and succeed.
- Engage and inform local and regional businesses and other workforce industry professionals about the work we do and the opportunities we provide and form partnerships when it will benefit our clients.
- Work with local employers to develop suitable work experiences, on-the-job training opportunities, other work- related training opportunities, and placements.
- Promote a positive image of LCA and our programs.
- Check email and phone messages regularly to maintain good communication.
- Utilize social media and other means to promote our workforce services and recruit clients.
Ideal candidate’s knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Two years of experience in career, job search advising or other workforce related services
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse people from all backgrounds
- Strong understanding of the Latino community and cultures
- Strong ethical standards and work habits
- Strong interpersonal, active listening and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Central Oregon labor market, public/private business sector(s) and local community resources
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite, email programs, social media and other internet-based programs.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Ability to work independently and effectively without close supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a member of our team.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant professional certificates]
- Three or more years of relevant experience
The pay rate is $16-$18/hour (depending on qualifications) plus benefits with opportunities for increases dependent on performance and funding availability. Benefits include: matching employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, paid time off, and group health insurance. Work-related mileage will also be compensated according to the regional or county prevailing rate. This does not include mileage between work and home. A flexible work schedule is one of the greatest benefits of this position.
To apply for this position, send the following materials via email to Brad Porterfield, Executive Director of LCA at email@example.com Please write Workforce Navigator in the subject line.
- Cover letter highlighting how your qualifications fit the position and why you think you are the best person for the job.
- Include a resume that speaks to the qualifications listed above and contact information for two or more professional references. (do not list “references available upon request”)
The position is open until filled, but preference will be given to applicants submitting all materials by Wednesday, July 22, 2020. We will begin reviewing applications as soon as we receive them with interviews tentatively planned for the last week of July. Projected start date: August 1, 2020.