ESL Curriculum and worksheets
Minnesota Literacy Council
- Pre-Beginning ESL Curriculum Units with Transitions Skills
- Beginning ESL Curriculum Units with Transitions Skills
- Lessons for Intermediate ESL learners
- Low-Level Employment Readiness Curriculum
- Center for Applied Linguistics Tool Kit for Instructors explores the nature of adult learners, needs assessment, lesson planning and resources.
- This article - Promoting Success of Multilevel ESL Classes: What Teachers and Administrators Can Do - identifies the strengths and weaknesses of multilevel ESL classes. The main points on pages 2 and 3 are particularly pertinent to our classes at the LCA.
- "40 helpful hints & tips, for making your ESL teaching easier and more fun!" - tips that are practical and reassuring.
- Portland Literacy Council Handbook for tutors working with adult ESOL learners
- Teaching English without teaching english
- Teaching strategies to motivate students
- Teaching strategies to instruct ELL
- Teaching to adults
- Teaching ESL
- ESL games and activities
- Listening Exercises
- How to Teach Writing Skills to ESL Students
- Portland Literacy Council Newsletters
- Study materials on our Google Drive
- http://www.colorincolorado.org - a great resource for language learning and teaching
- Easy World of English
- ESL Lounge - this website guides ELL teachers with lyrics and songs for a variety of levels and themes.
- Everyday Life Tutorials - a well-designed site with interactive tutorials for everything from operating an ATM machine to reading food labels. If you click on the main page icon and then click on reading, the site has resources for English language learners as well, including stories.
- Using Cloze Activities in the ESL and ELL Classroom - these reading/writing/vocabulary activities can reinforce learning in a fill in the blank type style. Great for auditory, visual and kinesthetic learning.
- www.ManyThings.org - interesting things for ESL Students
- tv411.org - This site includes videos with native speakers explaining key reading concepts like critical reading, summarizing and scanning, and key life skills like signing a lease and reading a medicine label.
- languageguide.org/english - This is an online picture dictionary, with everything from the alphabet to parts of the body to farm animals.
- https://www.armoredpenguin.com - Make your own word search or crossword puzzle
- http://www.eastsideliteracy.org/tutorsupport/ESL/ESLTalkTimeTopics.htm - A thorough website with tutoring/teaching materials on a vast array of topics.
ELL Online Resources - From COCC’S Adult Learning Website
Listed below are numerous online resources that can be used to supplement traditional classroom language instruction. Including grammar, verbs, and activities for any student.