Cultural Enrichment Program
We strive to add value to our communities by providing cultural events and activities that enrich Central Oregon. We sometimes take the lead on projects and sometimes we support projects of other community groups. These events and activities provide a crucial space where members of our communities from all corners of the world can interact in positive, productive ways to enrich their lives, feel good about who they are, and build a more cohesive, resilient society.
Cultural Events and Activities we provide or have provided:
- Gala de Oro (April-May) since 2014
- Festival of Cultures (September in Redmond) since 2007
- Empowering Families Luncheon (December) since 2010
- Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos (November 1&2) First Friday Art Walk event
- Fiesta del Sol (August) cancelled in 2009
- Latino Film Fiesta (March) cancelled in 2011
- Independence Celebration (September 15)
- Christmas Posadas Community Dinner (December)
Event Volunteer Opportunities
Gala de Oro Committee
Help us plan and execute our 4th Annual Gala fundraiser scheduled for April 28, 2018.
Help determine the event details, decorations, music, raffle items, sponsors, etc.
FUN STUFF ~ MUY DIVERTIDO
2-4 hours a week between November 2017 and April 2018
Festival of Cultures
Join our planning committee or take on one of the many tasks that make this incredibly colorful celebration of diversity take form. Help recruit, train and manage volunteers. Recruit people willing to put up a booth/display that shares their culture. Offer small, local businesses the opportunity to set up a commercial booth
Become a sponsor or vendor yourself!